JIV Gaming Commission – Compliance Officer
All interested applicants need to send their resumes to Johnny Ballon, Regulatory Compliance Director – email@example.com
Position closing date – April 3, 2017
Job Title: Compliance Officer
Reports to: Compliance Supervisor/ Compliance Director
Type: Full Time – Non-Exempt
THIS POSITION IS SCHEDLED FOR A 32 HOUR WORK WEEK, WITH THE REQUIRED ABILITY TO WORK UP TO 40 HOURS A WEEK FROM TIME TO TIME, WHEN NECESSARY.
The position is responsible for the oversight of gaming activities in accordance with Tribal, Federal and State regulations for the purpose of protecting the assets and interests of the Jamul Indian Village and to ensure the continued integrity of Tribal gaming.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of Tribal Regulations and Ordinances, Tribal-State Compact, Jamul Minimum Internal Control Standards and Title 31 regulations.
- Performs audits, reviews procedures and tests equipment / games for compliance with all Tribal, Federal and State rules and regulations, including all internal controls and policies.
- Conducts investigations when necessary and reports findings to the Compliance Director.
- Initiate investigations; interview witnesses, guests or Casino staff as may be necessary.
- Review and investigate any patron disputes or complaints that cannot be satisfied by casino management.
- Develop an understanding of investigative and interview techniques.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of gaming devices, technical standards and game protection.
- Work with external agencies and departments when necessary.
- Observe Casino activities for suspicious or illegal activities.
- Observe Casino staff in the performance of their duties and report any unusual or suspicious activities.
- Maintain familiarity with Compliance Department policies and procedures.
- Maintain integrity and discretion handling confidential information.
- Maintain a professional appearance, conduct and impartiality in the performance of duties.
- Develop and maintain the knowledge of all the job duties and responsibilities of a Regulatory Agent and shall be accountable for such duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the history and governmental structure of the Jamul Indian Village.
- Must maintain a professional and positive attitude at all times.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and pass a background clearance.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and meet deadlines when prescribed.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally.
- Familiarity with tribal gaming and gaming commission functions, particularly with regulatory compliance and investigations.
- Detail oriented and excellent time management skills.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to interpret laws, regulations and policies in addition to formulating and developing procedures and regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ability to take direction, follow instructions, and work independently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time in a smoking environment;
available to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
High School Diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred. Two (2) years’ experience in auditing, surveillance, compliance or investigative experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in Tribal Gaming preferred.
NOTE: This job description may not include all duties and functions performed by this position. Additional job duties may be assigned and required.
NOTE: Equal Opportunity Employer with Indian Preference guidelines.